The Victoria Falls Hotel, popularly known as “the grand old lady of the Falls”, is situated in the Victoria Falls National Park, a world heritage site, and is a member of the exclusive Leading Hotels of the World group. It is one of only two 1S0-accredited hotels in Zimbabwe.
The Edwardian-style five-star hotel, built in 1904, was recently redecorated and refurbished and now combines the charm of the old with the convenience of the new. Set in lush tropical gardens with lily ponds, palm trees and semi-tropical shrubs, it provides the tranquillity and seclusion that many guests seek. The famous Victoria Falls are just a ten-minute walk away using the hotel’s private pathway, and “the smoke that thunders” or “Mosi-O-Tunya” in the local dialect, is clearly audible and visible from this luxurious landmark.
World-class service, and food and beverage choice and preparation second to none, make the hotel a magnet for international visitors and locals alike. The opulent Livingstone Room for fine dining and dancing, the Jungle Junction with its famous breakfast and dinner buffets and ethnic entertainment in the evenings, offer variety and wide choice. Stanley’s Terrace, with its clear view of the Victoria Falls Bridge, connecting Zimbabwe and Zambia, is renowned for its cocktails and afternoon teas. The Terrace has been a rendezvous for adventurers in Africa for over a century.
* All are air-conditioned, sophisticated, cool and very comfortable in the grandest Colonial style
* 24-hour room service, personal room safe, bathrobes, umbrella for use during guest’s stay, hairdryer, complimentary early morning tea/coffee, direct dial telephone, satellite TV including BBC World & CNN, mini-bars in suites.
• Step back in time with this hotel that has been established for over 100 years
• Victoria falls hotel offers breathtaking views of the gorge below the Fallsdoorman
• Private pathway leads to the Falls
• Enjoy afternoon tea on the veranda
• Classic dinner dance dining in the Livingstone Room
• Set in acres of private garden and overlooking The Falls themselves with a private path to them.
• The Victoria Falls Hotel, has for over a 100 years, being the preferred hotel for visiting members of Royal families, Heads of State, celebrities, authors, journalists and poets, where they are assured of total privacy, comfort and care
• The curio market and centre of Victoria Falls are just 500m away